Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 05:07:06 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@geekpunk.net>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding diffs to commit-mail on the fly

On 2002-05-31 20:53 -0500, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>
> >Given a script in Perl or awk
> >or whatever that works like this one, how would you all integrate this
> >with procmail to let it filter all the commit mail of FreeBSD?
>
> Assuming your script works, here's the procmail hoodoo:
>
> :0 fw
>
> Insert this rule into your .procmailrc anywhere above where you actually
> filter cvs-all to a specific folder.

The problem with this is that I would have to hardwire the output
folder name to the script, or pass it as a parameter.  I've found two
answers until now, by reading my manpages [beats head]. One is:

    :0 H
    * ^sender: owner-cvs-all@freebsd.org
    | /path/to/filter freebsd-cvs-all

But 'm not sure if this will let procmail lock the folder properly.

My intention was to add something like:

    :0 H
    * ^sender: owner-cvs-all@freebsd.org
    * ! ^X-inline-diff: yes
    | /path/to/filter | formail -I 'X-Inline-Diff: yes' -s procmail

    :0 H
    * ^sender: owner-cvs-all@freebsd.org
    freebsd-cvs-all

Reading up my formail/procmail manpage helped a bit.
Off to yet more testing :)

- Giorgos