Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:22:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   How good is AMI MegaRAID support?

As the DPT SmartRAID IV controllers are now obsolete, what's the best bet
for hardware RAID under FreeBSD? From a bit of reading the AMI
controllers seem to be well featured and regarded. Just how good is the
support for these controllers in 4.0R? I'm trying to hold off using 4.x on
any servers until I've used 4.0R for a while to become familiar with it
and more specifically until 4.1R is released.
  Am I being paranoid or will the AMI controllers and 4.0S be just fine as
a server?
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)