Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:05:29 +0100
From:      "Christopher Martin at Home" <psycho@keyworld.net>
To:        "Sue Blake" <sue@welearn.com.au>, "james huckle" <james@xch.net>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Newbie Submission'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Email [was: Squid will that be fried ?]

Is there a lobby group of users out there to ensure certain basic standards
are adhered to?

I think this is a quality issue.

ISO defines quality as suitability for the job.

You dinna buy a Rolls Royce for delivering furniture.

Same with software.

Unfortunately, I thnk software quality has been degrading through poor
programming discipline
and sheer uunscrupulous marketing and business practices resulting in
closed system engineering.

I am all in favour of a good idea, but I find extra mouse clicks a real
pain...

Shall we form a lobby group?

Chris