Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:08:32 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Removing Sendmail

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 06:01:01PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>
>>The problem I see with that is, that even a minimalistic base install
>>installs things like sendmail, ppp, atm-stuff, g77 and so on.
>
> I would love to see the toolchain broken out into its own tarball like
> NetBSD.  It isn't a simple 10min change though.

I know. If it would someone had done before :-)
It more a wish than a real expectation.

Is somewhere a todo list how going on when trying to add eg. NO_PPP?

Maybe:
update your source to current
check directories belong to <eg. ppp>
patch Makefile(s)
save patches
buildworld
reboot to single user mode
rm usr/bin usr/lib usr/sbin /usr/libexec
make installworld

Are there any tests for the world available? If not, maybe a good point
starting is writing a test suite which checks working of each not
deselected world-component as good as it get's.

Regards,
Jens