Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:35:04 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        kc5vdj@yahoo.com, julian@elischer.org, jhb@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Headsup! KSE Nay-sayers speak up!

This project has always been more than just its core developers,
whomever they might be at any one time (and if history has shown us
anything, it's that it's a constantly changing cast).  This means that
anyone is free to chime in with their opinion on any project decision,
just as the people doing the work being commented on are free to
ignore or implement those suggestions as they see fit.  What we don't
get to do is violently squelch the opinions of anyone we disagree with
and I'm somewhat appalled that you've felt compelled to go this far in
your reply - it's really totally contrary to what this project really
stands for and if you don't see that, it's time you took a much-needed
vacation.

If you want to disagree with someone's position, you can state your
disagreement directly ("I think this will jeopardize and slow down the
SMPng work and I strongly disagree with Jim's suggestion") without
calling into question their very right to express an opinion.
Nobody's given you that kind of authority and no one likely ever will
since censorship and an open development atmosphere are mutually
exclusive concepts.  For shame, David!

- Jordan