Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 20:59:55 +0900
From:      Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Secure NFS (sNFS) on 4-Stable: has somebody succeeded?

Hi,

I want to have secure NFS on my FreeBSD-4-Stable PC, where
a secure tunnel is used for the NFS connection.

There seems to be only one webpage for this:

   http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/snfs/

First step is to install sec_rpc-1.54.tar.gz, which already
fails for me.

I have upgraded perl from ports, to no avail; and I'm awaiting
response from the author of this package.

The webpage suggests it should work for FreeBSD, but there's no
evidence. So I'm wondering if another FreeBSD-4.X user has been
successful in having sNFS installed.
If yes, then how to compile the sec_rpc package?

Thanks,
Rob.