Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 97 09:14:03 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Doug White  <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD emulation of Linus and SCO question.

> > When v2.2R comes out which would be better.  A program written for Linux
of
> > SCO Openserver?  (Unfortunatly some of the packages I'm looking at only
have
> > these as choices for me.)
>
> I personally think the Linux emulation is better, but it does depend on
> the program and how intrusive on the system it is.

Ok, I will take a look at that.  I can get a Linux version of ApplixWare but
ZMail I have to get in SCO.

> > I'm going to be using v2.2R with XInside's excelerated X Server, Motif
> > 2.0 and the CDE.
>
> CDE works with FreeBSD?  Neat!  Now if it was free and not so darn big! :)

XInside has it for $199 for FreeBSD (not cheap, or @274.00 bundled with the X
server, still not cheap) and unfortunately it comes with Motif v1.3, so I'm
going to have to do a (what they call) 'funky install' to get it in and the
reinstall Motif v2.0.

You can see some screen shots and info at
http://www.xinside.com/pd/cdfbsd.html

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/11/97 09:14:03