Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:29:43 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Orphaned ruby port

At 08 Jun 2002 23:07:01 +0100,
S. Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>      I just cvsup'd my ports tree and pkg_version -v returns the
> following for a ruby module:
>
> ruby-fnmatch-1.1b_1                 ?   orphaned: devel/ruby-fnmatch

Try `portupgrade portupgrade'.

The following packages have been replaced by lang/ruby16-shim-ruby18
(ruby-shim-ruby18-1.7.2.2002.05.21):

	devel/ruby-dl
	devel/ruby-fileutils
	devel/ruby-fnmatch
	devel/ruby-racc-runtime
	devel/ruby-strscan

They will be automatically deinstalled during the installation of
ruby16-shim-ruby18, although next time you run pkgdb -F you may be
asked to fix the above dependencies.  In that case, replace all of
them with ruby-shim-ruby18-1.7.2.2002.05.21.

Regards,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Somewhere out of a memory.. of lighted streets on quiet nights.."