Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:39:38 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   extending mouse support

This is to announce the second test release of the set of patch files
for 3.0-CURRENT, 2.2-STABLE and 2.2.2-RELEASE to modify device drivers
(psm, mse), `moused' and `sysmouse (syscons)' to take advantage of new
features (such as a wheel) of recent mouse products (i.e IntelliMouse).

I have placed the patch files and documentation in

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/mouse971007.tar.gz

I also included the patch for XFree86 3.3.

Installation procedure and details of modifications are described in
NOTES in the tar file.  Please read included man pages too.

I would be grateful if you could kindly try it and send me some
comments.

Kazu