Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:47:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      juksi@iname.com
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New mp3 player, needs testing

I finished the first working version of GrMP3 yesterday, and I'd need someone to test it.

GrMP3 is an mp3 player (it uses mpg123 for decoding) that is controlled by Hauppauge's remote control, (it uses almost exactly the same module for hauppauge remote as fxtv ;) and it's written in plain (and very ugly ;) c and gimp toolkit.

webpage for GrMP3:
http://bsdquickstart.freeservers.com/grmp3/

I made a port skeleton out of it, but i think the skeleton is completely incorrect, so if someone would like to check that out.. ? And the Makefile of the program is definitely not well designed. If someone wants to help me a little on those things, it will be appreciated.

Oh, yeah, freeservers.com doesn't allow direct links, so automagical fetching doesn't work. I'm working on finding another site. Any suggestions for places with http upload possibility are welcome.

I believe that it would be quite easy to add support to other remote controls, like pixelview, just like in fxtv.
The nice thing in GrMP3 is that if you have it running, you can start fxtv with tv button.