Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:34:15 +0100
From:      Pawel Worach <pawel.worach@gmail.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Subject:   Re: ACPI hang on 6.0-RELEASE on Compaq Proliant ML530 (866MHz Xeon)

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 28 November 2005 09:38 am, Kevin Day wrote:

>>> Any chance you could use a serial console to capture the dmesg from
>>> a booth
>>> with ACPI enabled?
>> I get as far as:
>>> Copyright (c) 1992-2005 The FreeBSD Project.
>>> Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993,
>>> 1994
>>>          The Regents of the University of California. All rights
>>> reserved.
>>> FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
>>>      root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>> before it hangs. I realize that's not much to go on. :)
>>

>> Since the next thing it should be displaying is the mptable string,
>> just in case this is relevant, here's the output of mptable:
>
> Actually, in the ACPI case it won't use the mptable, but use the MADT table
> from ACPI instead.  It is odd that your MADT is missing a Local NMI entry for
> CPU 0.  Could you capture the dmesg from a boot -v over a serial console with
> ACPI enabled?

Hi,

I have the same problem with ML530 hardware, both RELENG_6_0 and
RELENG_6 fail in the same way. ASL and boot -v output can be found here:
http://62.119.221.30/ml530-acpi/

It just hangs there after the "pci_link1: <ACPI PCI Link INA0> on acpi0"
message, break to debugger doesn't work.

Regards

--
Pawel