Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 10:50:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FramerMaker via SCO emulation?

> Will Frame Technologies FrameMaker for SCO run via SCO emulation?

Which SCO?  IBCS2 or ELF?

If IBCS2:

This is one of the main programs that *should* run.  I believe that
most of the IBCS2 hackers would be willing to help fix any discrepancies
in the emulation that make it not run.

Be warned that an IBCS2 environment is more than just the ABI; the SCO
install tools, etc. are also part of the environment -- and they are
not there, just like they are not there on Linux or most other boxes.
This means that you may have a hard time installing the thing if it
uses a "standard" SCO install (you can do it; I did it for the IBCS2
Lotus 1-2-3, which cats two files together with a serial numbr key and
the machine name from uname in order to build a running binary; it was
a pain).

Is this a buy decision for the Frame?  If you already have the Frame,
you should at least try an install and see how far you get and how
willing you are to fight the install.  If you get it installed, then
I'm sure the IBCS2 guru's will work with you on any ABI problems.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.