Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:19:16 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Ben Crowell <bsdportscrowell04@lightandmatter.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: listing ports@FreeBSD.org as maintainer

Ben Crowell wrote:

> Some ports have ports@FreeBSD.org listed as the address of the
> maintainer.

These are ports not maintained by anyone. There are more ports
maintained by the members of a mailing list, for example
perl, gnome, kde, java or openoffice.

> I'd like to suggest that if the maintainer of a port doesn't want to
> list his
> own address, READMEs should just read like this:

These ports are free for adoption, so there is no maintainer
involved. The READMEs are generated by a script, you want want
to provide a patch.

> I hope you'll all agree with me that having people post inadvertently to
> a list is undesirable [...]

We all agree.

>  [...] Even now, I'm posting to
>     this list blind, without knowing where it's archived or how to get
>     replies.

   <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-
ports/2004-June/013608.html>

-Oliver