Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:26:46 +0000
From:      "Alexandre Vieira" <nullpt@gmail.com>
To:        "Chris Slothouber" <chris@hier7.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about a specific ISP: Amen/Amenworld

On 3/5/07, Chris Slothouber <chris@hier7.com> wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> I think it was Alexandre who was interested in a particular host in the
> UK and was debating bringing his business to a company who let him know
> outright that they do not support FreeBSD.
>
> Thanks though!
>
> Jack Raats wrote:
> > Chris,
> >
> > You can try www.layeredtech.com .
> > At theair facili tiesI 've two machines running FreeBSD and the service
> > they offer is really great!!!
> >
> > Jack
> >

> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Slothouber" <chris@hier7.com>

I'm interested in this specific company because the boxes are hosted in
France and cprm.net (A big telco in Portugal) is an excelent carrier for
France and UK. I have less than 50ms roundtrip time for this network.

Also for 99eur/month you get a dual opteron w/ 2x160GB SATA2 disks, 1GB
DDRII, linked to a 100mbps network (shared but burstable) with no traffic
limit.

But the guy who called me to help me with my questions doesn't understand
much of anything and he tought Freebsd was a linux distro plus he refuses to
either install freebsd on the machine or put a CD on the server tray and
plug in a serial cable to the machine so I can install it. I don't even know
how would I install freebsd without using depenguinator or going on site
myself.

I've tested depenguinator back in the 5.4 days with some friends, just for
the kicks, but as someone said before.. I can't rely on a company that knows
nothing about the technology i'll be using.

If anyone know a good UK or Franch dedicated server provider, let me know :)

Cheers
--
Alexandre Vieira - nullpt@gmail.com