Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 03:36:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdg.de>, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Companies awaiting 5.0 technology

--- Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdg.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Michael Lucas wrote:
>
> > As many of you know, I'm working on the press release for 5.0-R.
> >
> > I'm looking for quotes from corporate types who are planning to
> use
> > some of the nifty new features in 5.0-R, such as KSE, MAC, etc.
> If
> > your company is planning to use some of these features, or is
> waiting
> > for them with baited breath, or they will solve problems for you,
> > please drop me a line.  I'd like to get several quotes from
> companies
> > with name recognition to help pull us forward.
> >
> > I don't need "5.0 is cool," I need "We plan to utilize X in
> FreeBSD
> > 5.0 to increase our product's effectiveness."
> >
> > I can't promise to use them all, of course, but I'll use as much
> as I
> > can.  Hopefully, I'll have a wide variety of sound bites to
> choose
> > from.
>
> I think it would be useful to make a short summary available that
> describes the important new features in 5.0-R. I by myself for
> example
> have heard and read this and that but would be interested in facts.
>
> Best regards
> Konrad Heuer (kheuer@gwdg.de)

Pick 'N' Mix from the release notes here:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP1/relnotes-i386.html
At least that's for DP1, but should be a good idea of what's in
store.
I don't track -current, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask.

Looking at this, it seems most the good stuff has been MFC'ed
already. So do they count as 'new'?