Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:32:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "J. Weatherbee - Senior Systems Architect" <jamil@acroal.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I seriously need some networking help

I attempted making the firewall to router link a 192.168.x.x network, and
using dual ip on it, unfortunately it interesting that the link gets
published by traceroute for instance from the outside world.  But
192.168.x.x is certainly not routable, anyway the lack of seemlessness
bothered the hell out of me so I took it down (what I really wanted was
what pppd does with the -alias option, but too the pipeline.  Seems
possible, just not supported since that ethernet is just a fast serial
port for me (crossover)) anyway I got my isp to give me an 8 ip address
network for the link, in my opinion a waste of yet another 8 ip addresses!
I guess this is why people buy pipelines with the firewalling option, oh
well.