Date:      Sat, 05 Jan 2002 20:16:53 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tell gcc I have a i686

"Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:02:03PM -0600 I heard the voice of
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith, and lo! it spake thus:
> > I want to create a Makefile for a C program that includes some Pentium
> > II specific inline assembler code.  How do I tell the compiler whether
> > we are compiling on a i686?
>
> Dunno, how well will your Pentium II specific inline assembler code run
> on my Pentium Pro?

You know, I have no idea.  It is someone elses code.  These are the
instructions.  Can anyone tell me?

                "movl 32(%0),%1\n"
                "adcl %1,32(%0)\n"

Also, from this discussion, what I have decided to do is provide it as
an option for the user to add by editing the Makefile - not to do it
automatically.

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu