Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:45:00 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Status of Branding

At 08:39 PM 11/5/98 -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
>Gregory Sutter wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 05, 1998 at 12:31:58PM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't think we've achieved quite this level of agreement on the hardware
>> > side, but I think the software guidelines are pretty easy to adapt to
>> > hardware products.  I'm not sure there is any hardware that really
>> > qualifies as "Designed for" or "Pure" FreeBSD, so perhaps we only apply
>> > the lower logo to hardware?
>>
>> Whistle InterJet
>> ftp.cdrom.com :)
>> Nokia VPN200 routing firewall modules
>Pluto Space
>
>I'm thinking of a "built with FreeBSD" logo for hw/sw products.  Or,
>dare I say it, "FreeBSD Inside"?!?!?!
>
>Sound good?  bad?  perverse?
>
>--
>       "Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
>
>Wes Peters                                                 Softweyr LLC
>http://www.softweyr.com/~softweyr                      wes@softweyr.com

Alright.. I'm giving my 2 cents worth.. I think it'd be cool.. See "Uses
FreeBSD Technology" would be cool too, but I think it sounds kinda lame in
comparison.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998