Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:03:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      AARON J MARKS <ajmarks@dsl.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        ycardena@yahoo.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Ronald Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
Subject:   Re: Kernel programming (fwd)

Have you tried remote gdb kernel debugging yet? It's documented in the
handbook also. I found it to be very easy to do and *much* better than
debugging on the same machine. All you need is a serial cable and a spare
FreeBSD machine. I used it to debug a module, but it would work just as
well on the kernel itself.

-A.