Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 01:48:33 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A.)
Subject:   Re: Anyone gotten SpeakFreely to work with FreeBSD-current?

>>> "Jordan K. Hubbard" said:
 > I guess something's broken for the GUS - time to try Amancio's latest,
 > I guess! :-)

Go ahead, I just tried sfmike with sfspeaker running in the background
and I don't have any problems over here. Oh, I almost forgot I didnt
compile speak freely half duplex rather with its default full duple value.

In your case, since I think that you have a GUS Max make sure that
/dev/audio is linked to /dev/audio1
{hasty} ls -ald /dev/audio1
crw-rw----  1 hasty  wheel   30,  20 Mar 25 03:21 /dev/audio1
{hasty}

If you have any problems whatsoever just post it or e-mail if not
I am happy to assume that the sound driver:
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/snd01041996-2.2-current.tgz

is working fine with speak freely for you .

	Amancio