Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:30:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Success with 1.4.1/5.1-CURRENT of 10/17/linux_base 7.1

> If you are using jdk 1.4.1 (linux) compiler -- try downgrading
> you linux_base to 6.2.  Or try to upgrade linux-sun-jdk14 to 1.4.2.

I compiked 1.4.1 under 5.1-CURRENT cvsup'd on 10/17 and completely recompiled
and although the compilation took a long time it finished without errors.

I'm running the 7.1 linux_base, also.

This was done using the standard ports configuration, no changes.

The system has 1GB memory and 2GB swap, Supermicro P6DGH dual PIII/850 with
SCSI disks with a redundant PS - i.e., slow but very solid hardware.

Mike Squires