Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:04:28 +0100
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   IEEE488 in FreeBSD, a cautionary warning...

Before you get your hopes too far up because of the commit below,
let me make it clear that while my ambitions in the IEEE488 area
are unchecked, the amount of time I have to spend on it is very
limited.

Depending how things goes, this may develop over time to support
the classing 488.1 "ibfoo()" API and maybe even the 488.2 API,
but do not hold your breath for it.

If somebody wants to get their fingers dirty on this, they are more
than welcome.  Linux has a pretty comprehensive thing at
(http://linux-gpib.sourceforge.net/) from where much can be gleaned.

Poul-Henning