Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 03:04:34 -0800
From:      ray@redshift.com
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD64 kernel config file question

Hi,

  I'm setting up FreeBSD 5.3 for the first time on an Tyan dual opteron board.
I've done plenty of i386 installs, but this is the first on AMD.  Anyway, I'm
stripping down the kernel for a re-compile and I was wondering if anyone either
had a sample config file they could send over and/or if someone could let me
know what they are running for these lines?

For the CPU/machine stuff, does this look okay (i.e. is K8 the correct option
for the Opteron 246's?)

machine         amd64
cpu             K8
ident           AMD64

And for dual CPU's, I use this on i386 - is it the same for AMD?

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
device          apic                    # I/O APIC

Thanks!

Ray