Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 09:13:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      phylos@lycosmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with the setting of a sound card in FreeBSD.

Hi hello, I recently have FreeBSD 3.4 installed on my computer, most of my devices are working fine, but there is one that I couldnīt work at 100% on the system. My
sound card (Sound Blaster Awe 64) is not working on FreeBSD and I donīt know what can be the problem. Here is the message that the kernel gave to me when I try to run the sound card on xwindows or if I run any application with sound:

kernel: Sound: DMA:(output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

This is my setup on the Kernel script when I compiled:

# Sound Card
controller      pnp0                    # This is for PNP support
controller      snd0
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          awe0    at isa? port 0x620

Please If anyone knows how to resolv the problem send to me a e-mail as soon as posible.

Thanks a lot.