Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:48:48 -0500
From:      "Gregory D Moncreaff" <moncrg@ma.ultranet.com>
To:        "Hackers FreeBSD" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2.2.5, cvs, recommended development organization?

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BCF524.273D7C60

Just got the 2.2.5 4 disk set with the cvs disk,
since xemacs won't let me do anyhing with source code
because of the cvs tags was wonderring what the recommended
way of laying out the disks, repository, etc are?

btw, I am a complete newbie to cvs.  I did look at the man page,
and the info file [which was not in the info title page btw] but there
info was rather theoretical, and I was looking for an example

the enviornment would have 2-4 developers, not on the internet,
connected via a local ethernet lan.  1-2 doing kernel source work,
others working on utilities, etc.

could I do this with one repository?  would each kernel deveolper
need an entire local source tree checked out for `make world`
how much disk space is involved? [source, build, etc]
how long would it take to build?

any pratical info, observations, etc will be appreciated
-g

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BCF524.273D7C60
	filename="Gregory Donald Moncreaff.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD