Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 17:01:02 +0900 (KST)
From:      Cho SeongBok <sbcho@arirang.snu.ac.kr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        bsd_q1@arirang.snu.ac.kr
Subject:   Qustions about FreeBSD 2.0.5 Installation Problem

I need your help!

I have 486DX2 machine and two "IDE" disks.
I've installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 on secondary(slave) disk from DOS partition in first disk.
When trying to boot from hard disk, it prints as follows.

	F1 . . . dos
	F5 . . . disk2
	Default : F5

And I pressed F5 key.
Then, it prints as follows.

	F1 . . . BSD
	F5 . . . disk1
	Default : F1

And I pressed F1 key.
Then, it prints as follows.

	>> FreeBSD BOOT @ 0x10000: 637/23552 k of memory
	Use hd(1,a)/kernel to boot sd0 when wd0 is also installed
	Usage:[[wd(1,a)]/kernel][-abcCdhrsv]
	Use ? for file list or press Enter for defaults

	Boot :

And I just pressed <Enter> or entered wd(1,a)/kernel.
But it hangs after prints as follows.

	Boot :

Why does the boot procedure stop?
And, what should I do?? :-(

These disks are the product of "SAMSUNG", of which type is "IDE".
They has two choices of the disk geometry, 1086/16/63 or 532/32/63.
Which one is prefered choice?
I tried both cases.
The disk geometries in BIOS and in Partition session were the same, of course.
For correct interpretation of disk geometry, I made a small DOS partition
in the disk drive on which FreeBSD is installed.
But, I failed booting from hard disk.
And I choiced "Bad144" in "Partition" session for the bad block scan.
Unfortunately, there was no more advance.

There's another question.
The document "diskspace.FAQ" on the CD-ROM has many helpful comment.
It also has the comments about "FDISK" utility in 2.2 section.
But, I couldn't find this utility except for "PFDISK" utility in "TOOLS" dir.
I guessed it is same as the "Partition" session in the installation procedure.
Are they exactly same??
If so, which is correspond to (W)rite in "FDISK".

Please send me your prescription to my problems.

Good luck.