Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:45:22 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: p2b scsi termination

Justin,

> > 1: the manual states: "The 68-pin WIDE SCSI connectoris always terminated
> >                        and will only work as an end device"
> >    is that really true?
>
> yes.

> > 3: Am I correct in believing that the uw bus and narrow bus are
> >    effectively ONE SCSI bus, with the hi 8-bits left off one half?
>
> Yup.

perhaps I havn't had enough coffe yet this morning, but these 2 statements
seem to conflict.  IF the WIDE SCSI MUST be an end device then my statement
about devices on both the WIDE and NARROW busses wouldn't work.  Are they
trying to say that "the HIGH byte of the WIDE bus is always terminated"
and thus you couldn't put the MB connector in the middle of a WIDE cable
(assumming you didn't use the NARROW cable at all)?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by