Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:11:00 +0200
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RESTRICTED among 8.0-release packages (Sep-23 set)

Comparing the INDEX of the 8.0-release package set from Sep-23 to my
installed packages, I found some oddities.

Many RESTRICTED packages are included, for example: print/acroread8,
net/skype, www/linux-flashplugin9, astro/google-earth,
multimedia/win32-codecs, audio/lame, print/pdflib, audio/eawpats,
audio/faac, multimedia/mencoder, and audio/libamrnb.

Moreover, some more packages are missing that were included at the
beginning of the month: multimedia/libdvdcss, net/liveMedia
(=>multimedia/vlc), audio/sdl_sound (=>emulators/dosbox), math/octave
(=>math/koctave). Most of them just build for me. Only octave is marked
BROKEN for which a fix was suggested:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-September/057067.html

Since java/diablo-jdk16 now builds with misc/compat7x, is there a reason
packages with java dependencies are missing? (For me: devel/apache-ant,
sysutils/jdiskreport, multimedia/projectx, and
editors/openoffice.org-3.) Especially not having openoffice.org packages
is a bit unfortunate, since it only build depends on java.

For some of the missing packages that build for me, I was looking for
pointyhat logs to see what is broken, but could not find them. Are the
error logs for the preliminary release sets somewhere?

Cheers,
Jan Henrik