Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:03:44 +0000
From:      Nick Jones <nick@freebsd.cx>
To:        Drew Derbyshire <ahd@gnats.plus.kew.com>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/47175: Sparc Ultra 5/10 console not usable for FreeBSD install

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 at 17:56:10 -0500, Drew Derbyshire wrote:
> 	Install kernel prompt comes up with numerous choices for
> 	serial consoles, but none for the native console!  Various
> 	choices all fail -- some produce garbled output, others are
> 	readable but don't highlight text and don't parse basic
> 	keyboard operations (such as up arrow).

It *is* possible, albeit somewhat fiddly.  Using termtype selection 1, you can
use Ctrl-N and Ctrl-P to move up and down the list (you will see the cursor
flash on the screen momentarily indictating the menu choice), space to select,
and Ctrl-D to delete.

Like I say - fiddly, but better than nothing if for some reason you are unable
to install via a serial console :)

--

/Nick