Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:12:28 +0900
From:      "<Ajith Asela Pasqual.>" <pasqual@hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!! ST32155W - Not detected during probing!!

Hi!,

 I solved the problem thanks to suggestions I  received. Thank you!!

 The problem was that there was a clash of SCSI ID'ss. CDROM I use (Matsushita
8X) supposed to come with factory preset SCSI ID#6 and the Hard Disk at
#0. What has happened was that Gateway people seemed to have changed the CDROM
ID to #0. (I've NO idea why). Fortunately 'cos HD is SCAM compliant, 2940uw
automatically detects the conflict and assigns HD #15. This works for
Win95. But not for FreeBSD. So I changed the CDROM SCSI ID back to #6 and now
everything is OK!!

Best Regards,
Ajith.
Ajith Pasqual  - Dept of Info. & Comm. Eng., Univ. of Tokyo.
Email:pasqual@hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp (WWW)http://www.hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~pasqual/