Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:05:32 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, Will Froning <wfroning@angui.sh>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

                     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
       *************************

> Terry, if you spent half of the time reading the code as speculating and
> writing about your wild speculation, you'd know that we already have a
> "waitflag" for nfsrv_rcv() to track safeness to wait or not.

If you had read the above, you'd see I knew that.  Note the
asterisk marked phrase.

> The bug is that
> nfs_realign doesn't take the 'waitflag' argument and has two 'can wait'
> mbuf allocation calls.

I said that, too.  Note the plus sign marked phrase.  8-).

> The fix is trivial and hardly ugly.  But then again, anybody who actually
> bothered to read the code before posting would know that.

It was a general comment on the NFS code.

You suggested exactly the same fix I did...

-- Terry