Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:49:59 +0200
From:      "pobox@verysmall.org" <pobox@verysmall.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   top -I and load average from 4.9 into 5.4

We upgraded from 4.9 to 5.4 and the 'top -I' and load average seem to
behave slightly different. 'top -I' in 5.4 stays empty most of the time
with processes flashing in and out from time to time. In 4.9 the
processes stayed there until they are done. Load average on another hand
does not seem to correspond to the CPU load seen in 'top' (as 'top -I'
is kind of useless at the moment) - i.e. load average can be 1 and in
the same time the sum of the CPU usage in 'top' is around 50%.

Can anyone suggest why these behave that way?

Iv