Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 14:02:40 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lptest

keith@mail.telestream.com wrote:

> Actualy, discoverd that printers work quite well if you have an ink cart.
> in them. :)
> Just have to figure out now how best to get a non-postscript printer to
> print normaly. Haven't a clue as to how to get an Epson Stylus Photo EX
> To print properly.

I may be a day ahead of you there. I have ghostscript and ghostview installed and
that is where I learned about lpc. You have to enable and disable the printer to get
it to read the printcap file. I can print text to my Brother HL8e and HP 1120 & 1600
but postscript that don't do yet. The 10cpi output makes for terrible reading. Once I
get one figured out, they should all work but it is coming bit by bit and I don't
know what the full word size is :).

Kent