Date:      Thu, 8 May 2014 22:28:56 -0400
From:      Alan Corey <alan01346@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anybody using an Adafruit PiTFT display?

This sent prematurely and wasn't complete.

In Linux you define FRAMEBUFFER = /dev/fb1 in the environment, then
you can type startx even in an ssh session and X opens on the PiTFT.
Seems like some of that has to be kernel stuff to create a /dev/fb
device but somehow that connects to X.  The touchscreen is handled as
an X input.

dmesg shows me:
dmesg | grep fb
fb0: <BCM2835 framebuffer device> on fdtbus0
fb0: 656x416(0x0@0,0) 16bpp
fb0: pitch 1312, base 0x5e006000, screen_size 545792

But I think that's just the Pi, not the TFT.  I'm still downloading
stuff to look at.