Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:01:12 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        Brad Hendrickse <bradh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.0b5 and XFree86 3.3

On Wed, Jun 25, 1997 at 08:24:30AM +0200, Brad Hendrickse wrote:
>   I find that Netscape 4.0b5 crashes with a signal 11 error message.
> AFAIK, that means bad RAM or CPU or something. I know my hardware isn't
> bad, it survived a coupl of "make worlds" a few days ago, but I've had
> this problem wth Netscape for a while now. Is it a known problem with
> Netscape, or is it my hardware?

I installed 4.0b5 a few days ago to play around with. Exactly the same
problems. Since I experience similar (but less frequent) crashes with
other versions of Netscape (and no other program) I put it down the simple
fact that Netscape's programmers would have difficulty programming a fiver
out of a cashpoint.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[      Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1973     ]=+--