Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Krauth <stephenk@stephenk.com>
To:        Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB Live under 4.1 (I know I know...)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Drew Sanford wrote:

> I'm using 4.1, and have a full SBLive (the one with the digital IO
> daughter card) that works like a champ. As advertised, I simply included
> the proper device driver in the kernel config, and when all was said and
> done, it was flawless.

Hmm... I don't have the daughter card, though that really shouldn't make a
difference.  I made sure 'device pci' and 'device pcm' are in the kernel
conf, and I've recompiled both with and without the sbc entry.  I get the
correct response when I cat /dev/sndstat, though dmesg does NOT show the
<unknown device> entry that others claim should be there when it works (it
does show the Creative emu10ksomething entry though...)

Is there anything else I can try?  Thanks.