Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 00:38:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: edit-pr

As Paul Richards wrote:

> > What about `devel'?  Should be shipped to the CVS suppers/ctmers, but
> > not go into the regular distribution.
>
> In principle though I think a separate cvs tree for our development code
> has some merits and some problems.

I do not object against feeding back our changes to the maintainers.
But i've got two goals in mind: if we've got things fixed that have
really been bugging us, we wanna get them in effect ASAP.  And there
might also be stuff were we are completely at our own to maintain it.
See my easy-import script (phk once called for it:), i've put it under
.../cvs/contrib by now, but since it's not from the original cvs
source this is a rather bogus place to go.

[Moved the thread from -bugs to -hackers.]
--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/