Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:02:00 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.

Mike Smith wrote:

> Sorry, I meant "replace all occurences of 'msgvec' in lex.c with
> 'msgfoo', then recompile".  You might want to make it static too, ie
> change line 158 to 'static int *msgvec;'.

	You know, this is what I get for doing stuff like this late at night. I
sed'ed msgvec to msgfoo, checked it to make sure it worked properly,
recompiled, and retested. What I didn't do was 'mv lex.sed lex.c' :)
Anyway, now that I've actually done that, it works just fine. No
warnings, and no crash in gdb even with AJ -> /etc/malloc.conf.

	This code is the same in both branches, so now that we know (?) what
the problem is, if it's changed it should probably be changed in both
branches.

Thanks for all the help,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!