Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        Mark Jaffe <mjaffe@rsv.ricoh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KDE windowing environment

On 22-Jun-98 Mark Jaffe wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a Dell XPS D333, and currently using the fvwm
> X-environment. I didn't like some features of fvwm2, and twm is almost
> useless.
> But one of my colleagues is using kde, and I cannot get it to come up. I've
> installed all the required components, but am clueless as to how to modify my
> .xinitrc. Can someone show me an example?
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Mark Jaffe              | Build Meister
> Ricoh Silicon Valley    | (408) 863-8066
> E-Mail: Mark Jaffe <mjaffe@rsv.ricoh.com>
> Date: 22-Jun-98
> Time: 14:24:09
>
> This message was sent by XFMail

This is the last few lines of mine. I run it on a FreeBSD 2.2.6 system.

start some nice programs

#twm &
#xclock -geometry 50x50-1+1 &
#xterm -geometry 80x50+494+51 &
#xterm -geometry 80x20+494-0 &
#exec xterm -geometry 80x66+0+0 -name login
startkde

E-Mail: William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Date: 22-Jun-98
Time: 14:01:00