Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:08:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@Powered-By.AC>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Where to buy WaveLAN cards (both ISA and PCMCIA)?

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Donald Burr wrote:

> Where can I get myself some of those WaveLAN cards?  (Internet, mail
> order, etc.)  And how much should I expect to pay?

I can't tell you how mucy you should expect to pay, but I can give you a
few pointers.  The guys at http://www.942wavelan.com/ sell them.  If you
search the archives someone mentions that the Cabletron Wavepoints appear
to just be rebadged Lucent cards.  They actually appear to be a bit
cheaper then the Lucent ones.

Finaly, I seem to recall seeing Bill Paul commenting that he was working
on a Aironet driver which would be cool since they are 802.11 compatiable
and support 11Mbps instead of just 2 or 6Mbps like the WaveLANs.  Some
linux people have bad things to say about Arionet so it may be that Bill
hit some of the same problems.

-- Brooks