Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:20:47 +0100
From:      John Marino <freebsd.contact@marino.st>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>,  CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org Ports" <ports@freebsd.org>, Nicola Vitale <nivit@freebsd.org>, tabthorpe@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LPPL10 license consequences intended? (arabic/arabtex)

On 3/23/2014 00:05, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 2:16 PM, CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>wrote:
>
>> On 03/22/2014 02:27 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:

>> 2014

>> No. You must accept the license before you can build the port, and you
>> cannot interactively accept a license in non-interactive batch mode.
>>
>> See the commments in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.licenses.mk for what to set in
>> make.conf to automatically accept certain licenses.
>>

> I have again looked over the LPPL and there is no language requiring
> explicit acceptance of the license that I can find. I see nothing about
> this more restrictive than LGPL or other standard licenses.
>
> Am I missing it?

According to SVN, tabthorpe@ added these licenses as a result of PR
ports/151300 a couple of years ago.  Maybe he should weigh in and tell
us if making it more restrictive than the GPL was a mistake in the
original PR that just carried over?

If the latex licenses are indeed not defined correctly, they need to be
fixed.  I'd think tabthorpe@ would take the first crack at since he
added them, but if he doesn't want to, then who should evaluate and
potentially fix this?

John