Date:      Wed, 08 May 2002 10:12:06 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        leth@primus.ca, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
Subject:   Re: Experiences with XFree86-4 on 4.6-PRERELEASE

> This is off-topic and has nothing to do with XFree86, but using a
> different browser might not always be an option.  Pete did not specify

In this case it wasnt for various reasons, plus I was interested in trying
out the new X, which should have been compatible with all the old apps
that ran under version 3.

Thanks for all the help and advice though - mouse worked fine, and I
eventually tracked down the video problem to SuperProbe which (wrongly)
reported the card as being 8Meg. It turned out that it's a 4Meg card and this
is where the corruption was comming from. Everything now runs perfectly.

thanks,

-pcf.