Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:58:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        sos@freebsd.dk (Søren Schmidt)
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, luigi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell latitude sound....

> It seems Søren Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > I've played around with the Crystal chip (cs4237b) in my latitude,
> > but damn if I can get it to accept configuring commands via either
> > PnP or the SLAM method, anybody else having some success at this ?
>
> Well, I finally broke down and tried to figure out where the BIOS
> puts the chip on boot. It puts the WSS codec at adress 0x530, which
> is quite normal, but the snd code looks for it at ioaddr+4 so

actually -- the normal address for the codec registers in WSS cards
is 0x534. The driver, yes, looks at ioaddr+4 and asks you to specify
0x530 instead because most old MSS cards allocated four configuration
registers before.

I think i have to fix the driver so that it looks _both_ at ioaddr and
ioaddr+4 for the codec registers.

	luigi