Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:32:54 +0200
From:      loran42o <loran42o@laposte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to ask a DNS resolver listening on a different port than the tcp/udp 53

Le 27.09.2013 23:31, jb a écrit :
> Well, I hope I understand you.
> You use DNS Proxy server, like BIND or DNSMASQ.

hi,
actually I use two daemons,
one to serve as a autoritative DNS server : nsd
the other one to serve as a recursive DNS resolver with caching : unbound

I can't set them both listening on the same tcp/udp 53 port, so i
configure unbound to listen on a unusual one.

My problem is, on my other FreeBSD box, I can't set a alternative port
for nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.

> With BIND you have options in /etc/named.conf:
> http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/queries.html
> forward
> forwarders

If I can't use PF to solve this, maybe I'll have to take a look at BIND.
Thanks

Laurent SALIN