Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:47:36 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        onyx@z-up.ru
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing wireless nic on my router

Hi,

You need to verify that the packet is actually going out over the air,
and that it's being received by the client.

It could be rejected for a variety of reasons:

* If it's going out the wrong rate, because somehow it's going out
(say) 11n when the client i 11g;
* It's being received at the other end but it's being rejected - eg
out of sequence, or incorrect encryption setup.

The newer NIC brings with it a different HAL (AR5416/AR9002 HAL versus
AR5212 HAL) and so there may be some subtle behavioural changes.

Have you tried running the AP in open mode and ensuring everything can
associate?

Thanks,

Adrian