Date:      12 Feb 1997 22:59:51 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        wong@rogerswave.ca
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strlen() question, maybe str*cpy

Ken Wong <wong@a17b32.rogerswave.ca> writes:

> why isn't the str*cpy check the BP (base pointer?) register
> and use it to gaurd against stack over right?

Are you certain that all strings are allocated on the stack?  I'm
pretty sure there are some in the bss and others that are malloc()'d
as well...

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the only         | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing