Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:50:02 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port WITH_* options and updates/portupgrade

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

* Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> [030817 13:49]:

> I do have concerns with portupgrade though: Whenever I do a batch build
> of Postfix, it lacks SASL2 support (that I need to enable manually).
>=20
> Is there any chance that port options used in a build, regardless of
> WITH_* options or dialog settings, could be stored so that portupgrade
> or even a stock "make clean ; make" can find and use these options?

Anything that you can pass on the make command line you can put into=20
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  This is what I have for postfix to=20
always build with DB3:

  MAKE_ARGS =3D {
    'mail/postfix' =3D> 'BATCH=3D1 POSTFIX_OPTIONS=3DDB3',
  }

Just look in the postfix Makefile to see how it handles the various=20
options you get from the dialog.  Most other ports that use dialog=20
work similarly.

The downside is that you need to remember to always use the pkgtools=20
like portupgrade.  It's also easy to forget to add new ports when you=20
need them, but eventually it becomes second nature.

--Mike

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--