Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 11:01:43 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        conley@eecs.ukans.edu (Dennis R. Conley)
Cc:        mgessner@aristar.com, sln@public.jn.sd.cn, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Config mouse in XF86

Dennis R. Conley stands accused of saying:

> I just stumbled through this problem yesterday. Rebuilding a new
> kernel didn't help, then I noticed that the original line appeared
> in the GENERIC config file as:
>
> device psm0 at isa? port disabled "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr
>                          ^^^^^^^^
>
> The keyword "disabled" must be removed, another kernel built and
> then the mouse will work fine.

Actually, the device is configure disabled so that you _don't_ have to
build a new kernel; just boot with the -c flag once you're installed on
the disk and say 'enable psm0' and 'quit' at the config> prompt.

The changes are recorded by the 'dset' program during the boot process, and
you're up and running.