Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:12:27 +1300
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha_saarinen@email.msn.com>
To:        "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Ports and upgrading

> Ah, I forgot about that problem.  If memory serves me, you'll actually
> need to deinstall all of the kde packages, delete the tarballs and
> reinstall the kde11 metaport.
>
> The problem is that all of the packages #1 show up as already being
> installed, and i believe #2 the tarball names from 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are
> exactly the same.

Success! I've got KDE 1.1.2 running, after I discovered that
/usr/ports/x11/kde11 actually contained the 1.1.2 "meta port". Well, I think
it's 1.1.2 because it has the new stuff like the Theme Manager etc. even
though KControl tells me I'm running version 1.1.1.

Might try to deinstall KDE completely and redo the whole thing.

-- Juha