Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:01:14 -0800
From:      Jason Williams <jwilliams@courtesymortgage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about Postfix + Cyrus-IMAPD

Morning everyone.

I've been able to get Postfix and Cyrus to gel correctly with my recent
testing. However, I have a question about one thing that continues to pop
up my my message logs.

Quick note:

FreeBSD 4.9
Postfix-2.0.16
cyrus-imapd-2.1.16
Cyrus-sasl-2.1.17

Jan 26 09:48:19 obsidian postfix/smtpd[6562]: OTP unavailable because can't
read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: Permission denied
Jan 26 09:48:19 obsidian postfix/smtpd[6562]: OTP unavailable because can't
read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: Permission denied

Everything still works correctly, even though these pop up in my logs.
I've been able to successfully get rid of them by giving the group 'mail'
rw permission to the /etc/opiekeys file.
My question is what exactly is going on and why did this entry show up my
message logs? If I remember correctly, this is due to OTP (One time passwords).

Anyone care to shed a little light as to why this was initially showing up?

I appreciate it.

Jas